Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Little Conversations

The other day after picking Isaac and Ashley up from school, we were driving along and Ashley asked how the baby will come out. (A frequently asked question) Before Kenneth or I could answer we heard Isaac telling her that when the baby is ready Mommies tummy will crack like an egg and the baby will just come out. What imaginations!
...
Sunday morning I called Ashley into my bathroom so I could do her hair for church. I was planning on putting some more curls in her hair with the curling iron so I had my mouse out on the counter to use in her hair. She always ask to use it and I always say no. When Ashley saw me put some in my hand ready to apply it in her hair, her eyes lit up with excitement and she said, "COW! I have always wanted cow in my hair. I love cow." I was a little confused at first and then it clicked and as I was laughing I asked her if she meant mouse and she said, "oh yea I forgot." I said, "that's okay we can call it cow." So we don't wear mouse anymore. It's all about the cow.
...
A couple of weeks ago I was trying to get the kids ready for bed. Ashley ran and hid behind her bedroom door. It was not hard to notice her there, but she thought she was hidden well. I walked into her room and handed her something behind her door and told her to get into her pajamas. Ashley said, "Oh man, how did you know that I was here?" I simply replied, "I am your Mommy, I know everything." She thought about that for a second and then came back at me with, "you don't know everything Mommy, your pregnant!" BAM!
...
A few days after my little conversation with Ashley about knowing everything I was sitting down with Isaac asking him a bunch of questions. Things such as, what are you learning at church, Tell me about your friends. You know, normal questions we ask our children to keep up with them. He having over heard my little conversation with Ashley a few days previous just looked at me and said, "I thought you knew everything!" I having to think quickly said, "oh, but I am pregnant, remember?"
...
I love my children. They keep me going, laughing and happy!

8 comments:

Summer said...

It sounds like your children are little cuties! You are such a GREAT mom. They keep us young don't they!!! Can we use that pregnant excuse for everything?

Jayson & Megan said...

Your children sound adorable and creative!

Kellie said...

it's crazy that even our kids notice how much pregnancy fries our brains!!! Ashely says the cutest stuff!! I love cow in my hair too!! Even now if someone asks Abbie where babies come from she looks at them like "duh" "from the hospital!!" wouldn't that be nice if it were true!

A day in the life of the Campbell's said...

that is so funny, we hope you are feeling good and al ready for #3, it'll be nice to just have him during the day..great planning!

THE HAYES FAMILY said...

I love the things kids say! If only we could just crack like an egg and then just be back to normal! It sounds like you guys are doing great...we miss you guys!

Michellyn

Anonymous said...

What little goofs. I just LOVE IT!

Anonymous said...

So funny! I really like the COW one..haha

Kristy said...

Hi Kimberley!!!! I found you off Summer's blog and I'm so glad I did. I'm a total blog stalker, hope you don't mind :) Your kid's are so cute and from this post I can tell they are smart to boot. I've never heard the "crack the egg" explaination before but it sounds like a good one to me.